Cricklade Twinning January 2019 Newsletter
Happy New Year to everyone!!
AGM - 21 January 2019
The AGM will be on Monday 21st January 2019 January at 7.30pm at the Bowls Club.
The AGM will be followed by Chilli supper and skittles. Attendance at the AGM is free, but if you wish to stay for the après ski, the cost is £5.00.
At the AGM we have to tell you how we did last year and we have to elect the committee for 2019. No changes are currently slated for the committee, but of course if you have ideas for change or just want to participate more, get yourself nominated or come to the committee meeting on the 16th (see below). The proposed committee is listed below, but members are welcome to nominate new members or volunteer. Please feel free to bring any issues to the AGM.
The proposed agenda is
- Agree minutes of 2018 AGM
- The Chair’s Report
- The Treasurer’s Report
- Election of the Officers & Committee Members – proposed are:
- Chairperson: Chris Faulkner
- Honorary Treasurer & Membership: Debbie Dawson
- Honorary Secretary: Linda Malcolm-Stewart
- Hospitality: Cathy Atkins
- Publicity: Jane Whinfrey
- Events: Terry Dawson
- Committee member: Vanessa Williams
- Appointment of Honorary Auditor.
Twinning Visit to Sucé 2019
The Twinning visit to Sucé will be from 4 July to 8 July. We will go by plane from Bristol. You will need to book your tickets on line at the moment the prices are good. If you book or want to book please let us know, so we can get the Sucé end squared away. We have never had a problem, but lets make sure it stays that way. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The flight details are EZY6023 Bristol to Nantes Thursday, 4 July 2019 12:00 returning by EZY6024 Nantes to Bristol Monday, 8 July 2019 19:25. The web link for EasyJet is "https://www.easyjet.com/EN". Be careful not to use other sites that look like they are EasyJet, they may give you the same price, but give you a bunch of other issues and difficulties.
Cricklade Christmas Lights - 1 December 2018
Thanks to everyone for their help running the stall - the large hamper was won by Margaret Southard.
Events This Year
Early notice of events for next year
- AGM and Skittles 21st January
- Murder Mystery Play 6th April in the Town Hall - the Purton Players will have an entirely new play
- Cricklade Festival Bottle Stall
- Twinning visit
- Safari Supper
- Quiz Night 14th September in the Town Hall
- Barn Dance 9th November
The next Committee meeting Wednesday 16th January 8.00pm at Jane Whinfrey's House 7 Home Ground