Cricklade Twinning December 2017 Newsletter
AGM January 2018
The AGM will be on Monday 22nd January 2017 January at 7.30pm at the Bowls Club.
The AGM will be followed by Chilli supper and skittles. Attendance at the AGM is free, but if you wish to stay for the après ski, the cost is £5.00.
At the AGM we have to tell you how we did last year and we have to elect the committee for 2017. No changes are currently slated for the committee, but of course if you have ideas for change or just want to participate more, get yourself nominated or come to the committee meeting on the 15th (see below). The proposed committee is listed below, but members are welcome to nominate new members or volunteer. Please feel free to bring any issues to the AGM.
The proposed agenda is
- Agree minutes of 2016 AGM
- The Chair’s Report
- The Treasurer’s Report
- Election of the Officers & Committee Members – proposed are:
- Chairperson: Chris Faulkner
- Honorary Treasurer & Membership: Debbie Dawson
- Honorary Secretary: Linda Malcolm-Stewart
- Hospitality: Cathy Atkins
- Publicity: Jane Whinfrey
- Events: Terry Dawson
- Appointment of Honorary Auditor.
The committee will also be working on the calendar of events shortly after the AGM, the events being proposed are:
- AGM – Monday 22nd January – Bowls Club
- Murder Mystery Evening – Saturday 24th March – Town Hall
- Wine Tasting– Saturday 19th May - Jenner Hall
- Bottle Tombola at Cricklade Festival – Sunday 17th June
- Twinning Visit - 6th to 8th July
- Barn Dance on the Saturday Evening at Town Hall
- Croquet option for Sunday at Swindon Croquet Club
- BBQ – Saturday 28th July – Chris & Cathy Atkins House in the High Street
- Beetle Drive – Saturday 6th October at Jenner Hall
- Barn Dance – Saturday 3rd November at Town Hall
Please let Jane Whinfrey know if you plan to attend to ensure we cater for the right number - email Jane at email@example.com or ring 750048.
Next Year’s Twinning Visit July 2018
A reminder note for your 2018 diaries, next year’s visit by the French to Cricklade is proposed for the weekend of the 7th and 8th July as the core of the visit. We have already started making bookings.
If you would like to be a host, please drop an email to Chris Faulkner at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The next Committee meeting is Monday 15th January at Chris’s house – 6 Home Ground.