Cricklade Twinning February 2018 Newsletter
Murder Mystery Evening – 7.30pm Saturday 24th March – Town Hall
A big success last year, book now to secure your tickets. Why not have some fun and bring friends and make up a table.
To remind you of how it works. Our troop of actors act out a mystery, you must play detective along with your table and solve clues as the evening progresses.
Supper will be served midway through the evening – ham and cheese Ploughman’s with a veggie alternative for vegetarians. Please bring your own drinks and glasses.
The venue will be Cricklade Town Hall, the tickets are £10.00.
Tickets available from Jane Whinfrey: email email@example.com or call Jane on (01793)750048.
We would be delighted with any provided raffle prizes.
Twinning Visit July 2018
This year’s visit by the French to Cricklade will see the French arriving on the evening of 5th July and will depart on the morning of the 9th July.
We have already started putting a schedule together and a detailed version will be in the next newsletter.
If you would like to be a host, please drop an email to Chris Faulkner at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As a teaser the events will include: a tour to historic Laycock, A Steam Train ride in Gloucestershire, a Barn Dance and Lamb Roast (with veggie alternative), Croquet and of course there is the Cotswold Show in Cirencester Park that weekend
AGM January 2018
The AGM was held on Monday 22nd January 2017 January at 7.30pm at the Bowls Club.
The Officers & Committee Members elected
Chairperson: Chris Faulkner
Honorary Treasurer & Membership: Debbie Dawson
Honorary Secretary: Linda Malcolm-Stewart
Hospitality: Cathy Atkins
Publicity: Jane Whinfrey
Events: Terry Dawson
Without portfolio: Vanessa Williams
Scheduled events for 2018
- Murder Mystery Evening – Saturday 24th March – Town Hall
- Wine Tasting– Saturday 19th May - Jenner Hall
- Bottle Tombola at Cricklade Festival – Sunday 17th June
- Twinning Visit - 5th to 9th July
- Barn Dance on the Saturday Evening at Town Hall
- Croquet option for Sunday at Swindon Croquet Club
- BBQ – Saturday 28th July – Chris & Cathy Atkins House in the High Street
- Beetle Drive – Saturday 6th October at Jenner Hall
- Barn Dance – Saturday 3rd November at Town Hall
The next Committee meeting is Monday 12th March at Cathy’s house – 45 High Street.