Cricklade Twinning June 2018 Newsletter
Call My Bluff Wine Tasting - 9th June – Jenner Hall
Less than a week to go and we are all geared up for this.
We are also fully sold out. If you have spoken to Chris or Jane then you have tickets put by for you. If you can’t now attend do let us know.
As in previous years we will do this in the form of Call My Bluff. We have our own Quiz Gurus, panellists and compere, who will tease you with the description of various wines and all you have to do is pick the correct description.
Of course, to achieve this you also need to taste the wines and to help you clear your palette, if not your head, we are offering a complementary glass of wine at the beginning of the evening.
The evening starts at 7.30pm in the Jenner Hall. To enable you to focus on the wine tasting, we are asking that you eat beforehand, but we will provide bread and cheese at half time.
Raffle prizes as ever would be greatly appreciated.
Feel free to turn up early to help us set the hall up.
Bottle Tombola at Cricklade Festival – Sunday 17th June
We need lots of bottles for our stall next Sunday. Your generosity will be much appreciated.
You can bring bottles to the Wine Tasting. You can deliver them to 6 Home Ground. Alternatively, phone Jane Whinfrey on 750048 and we will collect.
Our stall will be outside 45 High Street (next door to C&R Grocers).
We also need volunteers to look after the stall. We appreciate that our members are often involved in several stalls, but the odd hour does allow the stalwarts to take a break. So, if you could email me (email@example.com) and let me know what period you can be on the stall, that would be wonderful.
We will be setting up the stall from 9am.
Twinning Visit - July 2018
Only a month to go, but it looks like everything is prepared, except for the things we haven’t thought of yet.
It looks like we will have more than 40 visitors. We will shortly be sending out queries to hosts on numbers for trips and so forth.
A plea to everyone, please take a mobile phone on the trips as it does help sort out lost people etc.
The itinerary looks like
- Thursday 1900hrs or about then most of our guests arrive at Town Hall on the coach from Bristol Airport.
- Friday: 0900hrs depart the Rugby Ground to visit “town” of Lacock. Back in Cricklade at 1600hrs
- Friday: 1700hrs – Civic reception at Cricklade Town Hall hosted by Town Council
- Saturday: 0900hrs depart the Rugby Ground for Historic Railway trip – steam train Cheltenham to Broadway with several stops on route. Back in Cricklade at 1700hrs.
- Saturday: 19.00hrs Barn Dance with Lamb Roast supper
- Sunday: will be spent with the families with a croquet option at Swindon Croquet Club. There is also the Cotswold Show in Cirencester Park.
- Monday leave at 0900hrs – bid farewell to our visitors. Visitors will explore Cheddar on the way to Bristol Airport
Other Scheduled events for 2018
- BBQ – Saturday 28th July – Chris & Cathy Atkins House in the High Street
- Beetle Drive – Saturday 6th October at Jenner Hall
- Barn Dance – Saturday 3rd November at Town Hall
The next Committee meetings: Monday 25th June at Cathy's 45 High Street